Health screening and wellness checks are available from many independent sources
and provide a variety of assessments from blood tests, lifestyle reviews, scans,
nurse and doctor consultations. These comprehensive assessments can provide you
with early identification of health alerts and peace of mind. Through our health
screening partners, you can have your checks and assessments and then simply have
the results and scans uploaded to your Zaptag e-safe account. This provides you
with a complete view of your health information in your own online secure account.
- Screening can help doctors find cancer early, before any symptoms develop.
- 1 in 3 people are diagnosed with Cancer in their lives. People are more likely to
survive if identified earlier.
- For breast cancer patients the survival rate can increase from 13% to 90% depending
on the stage the cancer is diagnosed and treated.
- Survival from prostate cancer is strongly related to the stage of the disease at
diagnosis. Survival rate can increase from 30% to 90% or higher if diagnosed and
- Diabetes affects approximately 8% of the UK population and can often go undetected
due to lack of symptoms.
- Early detection and screening for high risk people can improve the outcome of complications
- Risk factors for diabetes include family history, overweight, high cholesterol.
- Deaths from heart and circulatory disease (CVD) are falling but it remains the UKs
biggest killer causing 1 in 3 deaths.
- High blood pressure, if left untreated, means your heart may become enlarged making
it beat less effectively, which could lead to heart failure. It also increases your
chance of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Lifestyle changes and medication for some patients, can improve your heart health
- More than 40% of cancers could be prevented simply through changes to lifestyle.
- 85-95% of diabetics have type II diabetes, of which the majority can be controlled
by lifestyle changes.
- By early discovery and lifestyle changes, heart disease risks can be greatly reduced.